- Can I use my American iPhone in Europe?
- Can I use WIFI in Europe on my iPhone?
- Can I use a locked phone in another country?
- How do I avoid international charges on my iPhone?
- How do I use my US cell phone in Europe?
- What is the best way to use a mobile phone in Europe?
- Can I use an old iPhone for international travel?
- Are iPhones cheaper in Europe?
- How can I avoid roaming charges in Europe?
- Can I put my phone on airplane mode to avoid international charges?
- How do I setup my phone for international travel?
- How can I use my phone in another country?
- What should I do to my iPhone when traveling internationally?
- Will my iPhone charger work in Europe?
- Will my cell phone work in Europe?
- Do old iPhones still work?
- Are Verizon iPhones unlocked for international use?
- How can I use my phone without international charges?
Can I use my American iPhone in Europe?
Luckily, with a little planning, U.S.
iPhones – in fact, most smartphones – can work just fine in European countries.
Convert that smartphone for European use in two primary ways: buy a SIM card in Europe or purchase a travel plan through a U.S.-based carrier..
Can I use WIFI in Europe on my iPhone?
1. Using Airplane Mode and Wi-Fi (aka what you need to turn off on your iPhone when you’re abroad) … Avoid international charges, yet still enjoy the apps on your phone by connecting to Wi-Fi. You don’t need to do anything special to your phone before you go abroad.
Can I use a locked phone in another country?
This especially true for Android devices. Google phones come unlocked already! An unlocked phone is a phone that you can use anywhere in the world and where you are allowed to replace the SIM card as you travel the world without having to deal with your phone company or pay roaming fees.
How do I avoid international charges on my iPhone?
Need to avoid roaming charges because you arrived at your destination without an international data plan? Turn off Cellular Data and Data Roaming. Open Settings and tap Cellular, or Cellular Data, or Mobile Data. Turn off Cellular Data, then tap Cellular Data Options and turn off Data Roaming.
How do I use my US cell phone in Europe?
Use the hotel’s wireless service. First, check you see if your accommodations offer free wireless service. … Buy a SIM card at your destination and use in your own phone. … Ask your cell phone provider for advice. … Rent or buy a cell phone in Europe.
What is the best way to use a mobile phone in Europe?
Buy a European SIM card. This option works best for people who plan to make a lot of calls while traveling. You buy a European SIM card (a microchip that stores your phone number and other data) to insert in your current phone — or into a cheap mobile phone that you buy for your trip.
Can I use an old iPhone for international travel?
Use Your Old iPhone for International Travel. That old iPhone who was your constant companion until you went to the Apple Store or hit the “buy” button for a new iPhone, can still be put to good use. You can get a GigSky Data SIM and use it as a travel phone for your trips abroad.
Are iPhones cheaper in Europe?
High ticket devices like MacBooks and iPhones could end up 20-50% cheaper than in Europe, especially when purchased in states with a low tax rate. … More and more, we’re seeing the prices of Apple devices even out across Europe, Asia, and Australia.
How can I avoid roaming charges in Europe?
How to Avoid Those Annoying International Roaming ChargesUse your existing plan. Despite the costs often associated with roaming, some U.S. carriers do make it affordable to use your phone abroad. … Rent a device. Renting a cell phone that works abroad is another way to avoid data roaming charges. … Act like a local. … Try a travel-specific plan. … Go Wi-Fi only.
Can I put my phone on airplane mode to avoid international charges?
You can use airplane mode to avoid roaming charges when travelling. You won’t be able to send or receive text messages or phone calls, or use data services, but you could connect to a Wi-Fi network to check your email or browse the Internet.
How do I setup my phone for international travel?
So let’s get to the options.Bring Your Phone, Pay for Roaming. … Bring Your Phone, Pay for a Package. … Bring Your Phone, Use a New SIM Card. … Bring an Old Phone or Rent One. … Look for Hotels That Loan Smartphones. … Bring Your Phone, Use It Only on Wi-Fi. … Stay Safe With a VPN. … It’s All About the Apps.More items…•
How can I use my phone in another country?
How to Use Your Smartphone OverseasMake Sure Your Phone Will Work in Your Destination.Check for International Roaming Packages.Find Out If It’s Unlocked.Turn Off Cell Data (and Use Wi-Fi Instead)Use Google Voice or Skype Instead of Making Calls.
What should I do to my iPhone when traveling internationally?
iPhone International Travel TipsUse Wi-Fi. When wanting to connect, search for Wi-Fi. … Keep Roaming Off. … Buy an Adapter. … Download Skype. … Consider Another Phone. … Consider an International Roaming Plan or Different Carrier. … Turn “Fetch New Data” Off. … Download City Guides With Offline Access.More items…•
Will my iPhone charger work in Europe?
No, you don’t need a converter, you need an adapter. … If your equipment has a transformer, as all Smart Phones, Computers, and tablets have, you don’t need a converter – the voltage is converted by the transformer. European Voltage is usually 220, and the US is 110. So things without a transformer need a converter.
Will my cell phone work in Europe?
Short Answer: Yes. Any modern phone that’s newer than an iPhone 4S should work in Europe. … Europe uses a system called GSM (Global System for Mobiles) but two American carriers (Verizon and Sprint) use CDMA (Code Division Multiple Access). All the other major US carriers use GSM, so no worries there.
Do old iPhones still work?
Whether Apple practices the theory or not, its latest iOS 13 update will leave some iPhones and tablets behind. The older devices will still work, but they’ll miss out on security updates, which makes them more vulnerable to hacks. So, if you have an iPhone 6 or older, you may want to look into newer models.
Are Verizon iPhones unlocked for international use?
If you have a Verizon iPhone, you’ll have two SIM card slots in your phone—one for CDMA use and one for GSM use, so you’ll also be able to unlock your phone and use it overseas. … You won’t be able to use your iPhone outside of the United States because very few countries (Belarus, the United States, and Yemen) use CDMA.
How can I use my phone without international charges?
5. Are there any special Android or iPhone settings for international travel?Turn off roaming. This stops cellular data use so you won’t be paying extra for a plan you don’t have. … Stop apps from sucking your data in the background. … Turn off automatic downloads. … Track cellular usage.